eBay’s 2013 Spring Seller Update can be split in two parts:
- Fee changes for non-eBay Stores subscribers effective April 16, 2013.
- Fee changes for eBay Stores subscribers effective May 1, 2013.
Our eBay Fee Calculators have been updated to reflect the changes now in effect for non-eBay Stores subscribers, To summarize:
- Fixed price listings with no insertion fee can now be chosen from among the available listing formats in the calculators.
- The scheduled listing upgrade is now free for non-eBay Stores subscribers (former price of the upgrade was 10¢).
- Auction-style listings incur a 10% final value fee on the total amount of the sale (formerly 9%). The maximum final value fee for Auction-style listings remains $250.
- Fixed price listings incur a 10% final value fee on the total amount of the sale (formerly tiered based on total sale amount). The maximum final value fee for Fixed price listings is now $250 (formerly no maximum that we’re aware of).
- Insertion fee for Auction-style listings is now 30¢ instead of a tiered structure based on starting or reserve price.
- Insertion fee for Fixed price listings is now 30¢ instead of 50¢, One exception is the insertion fee for items in the Books, DVDs & Movies, Music & Video Games category, which is now 5¢ instead of 50¢.
- Buy It Now is free for Auction-style listings for non-eBay Stores subscribers (formerly tiered based on starting or reserve price).
eBay has posted the updates to their standard fees page as well.
We plan to release on May 1, 2013 the calculator updates to support the changes that take effect for eBay Stores subscribers. Please let us know in the comments if there’s anything we missed.
Fees before April 16, 2013.
Fees effective April 16, 2013.
We were saddened when we recently learned of the passing of the author of rolbe.com. Rolbe.com was a popular website that also offered an eBay Calculator and other tools to aid online sellers. According to a message on the website, the author passed away in an unfortunate accident and the site was being taken offline. Though we did not know the author personally, we believe he dedicated much of his time and effort in creating well-liked and widely used tools, and that his work will be greatly missed. We would like to convey our thoughts and condolences to those that knew him, and welcome any visitors looking for tools similar to those that he created.
Per eBay’s 2012 Spring Seller Update, eBay now offers free pictures on all listings (excluding eBay Motors) effective July 2, 2012. Our eBay Calculators (both new and original versions) have been updated to reflect this change. Specifically, the Picture Count drop-downs and Picture Pack upgrade options have been removed from the calculators since pictures no longer incur fees. This completes the last of the two fee updates slated for Spring (the first occurred on May 1st and involved raising the maximum final value fee for Auctions from $100 to $250). eBay’s fees page contains this information as well.
Before this update, eBay allowed one picture for free and charged 15¢ for each additional image. The now retired Picture Pack upgrade allowed sellers to include between 1-6 pictures for 75¢, or 7-12 pictures for $1:
The Gallery Plus feature, which enhances pictures in eBay’s search results, hasn’t changed and is still charged a fee of 35¢ for listings that last up to ten days, or $1 for thirty-day fixed price listings (excluding listings in the Collectibles, Art, Pottery & Glass, and Antiques categories).