eBay’s 2013 Spring Seller Update can be split in two parts:
- Fee changes for non-eBay Stores subscribers effective April 16, 2013.
- Fee changes for eBay Stores subscribers effective May 1, 2013.
Our eBay Fee Calculators have been updated to reflect the changes now in effect for non-eBay Stores subscribers, To summarize:
- Fixed price listings with no insertion fee can now be chosen from among the available listing formats in the calculators.
- The scheduled listing upgrade is now free for non-eBay Stores subscribers (former price of the upgrade was 10¢).
- Auction-style listings incur a 10% final value fee on the total amount of the sale (formerly 9%). The maximum final value fee for Auction-style listings remains $250.
- Fixed price listings incur a 10% final value fee on the total amount of the sale (formerly tiered based on total sale amount). The maximum final value fee for Fixed price listings is now $250 (formerly no maximum that we’re aware of).
- Insertion fee for Auction-style listings is now 30¢ instead of a tiered structure based on starting or reserve price.
- Insertion fee for Fixed price listings is now 30¢ instead of 50¢, One exception is the insertion fee for items in the Books, DVDs & Movies, Music & Video Games category, which is now 5¢ instead of 50¢.
- Buy It Now is free for Auction-style listings for non-eBay Stores subscribers (formerly tiered based on starting or reserve price).
eBay has posted the updates to their standard fees page as well.
We plan to release on May 1, 2013 the calculator updates to support the changes that take effect for eBay Stores subscribers. Please let us know in the comments if there’s anything we missed.